Recap of Vineyards Fire Department Town Hall Meeting 8/13/19
On 8/13 Chief Phil Black gave an overview of the capabilities of our fire department and answered many questions. Some of the highlights:
- They have earned and qualified for a ISO 3 rating on a scale for 1 -10 with 1 being the best. This puts us in the top 7% of fire departments in the USA. (Which has a positive impact on our home fire insurance)
- If you think you have a gas leak, the fire department has equipment to locate it. Call them to check it out.
- Knox Box service - In case your alarm goes off while you are not home, this allows the fire department to enter your home without breaking down the door. If you do not have one or you have not updated your Knox box call the fire department and request a checkup.
- Insurance for helicopter ambulance service "Air Med Care". This will cost less than $ 90.00 per year per household or pay $15,000.00 to $ 25,000.00 per use! Contact Air Med at www.AirMedCareNetwork.com.
- If you have a boat doc, the fire department has equipment to check and insure you do not have any electricity in the water around your doc. Even if your doc does not have electricity on it, you could have electricity in your water from your neighbors dock leaking electricity.
As was pointed out we are blessed to have Phil and his team supporting us.
Update provided by Rocky Odman
Thank You! Fire Engine Replacement Proposal Approved on March 11th, 2019
The Vineyards Fire Board wants to say THANK YOU for the strong and positive response to the petition on replacing one of our fire engines. We received a total of 261 signed petitions which represents 60% of the full and part time home owners inside the gates. The petitions were presented to the Council which was impressed by the strong response from our community. After further discussion and responding to their questions at a couple of meetings, 100% of the Councilman voted to replace one of our 15 year old fire engines. In addition, our Councilman, Mr. Wes Hendricks, was a strong advocate on the council in getting this approved.
Questions? Please contact any of the following individuals on the Keowee Vineyards Fire Board:
To learn more about the proposal and the details of the petition, please CLICK HERE.
The Vineyards community maintains a close relationship with The Vineyards Fire Department. Although the Vineyards Fire Department is one of 13 fire districts in Pickens County, we count ourselves very fortunate to have a wonderful group of fire fighters stationed right outside our main gate.
The Fire Department is located at:
111 Granny Gear Rd,
Fire Chief: Mr. Phil Black
The Falls North area is serviced by the Salem Fire Department:
115 E Main St,
Salem, SC 29676
KV Fire District - Community Leader:
The fire departments encourage the use of Knox Boxes. Residents should contact their local fire department (KV Fire District or Salem Fire District) to order one. A Knox-Box, known officially as the Knox Rapid Entry System, is a small, wall-mounted safe that holds building keys for fire departments, emergency medical services, and sometimes police to retrieve in emergency situations