Trash Services, Refuse and Recycling Locations
Vineyards and Falls North
There are two ways to deal with household trash at the Vineyards and Falls North. One is "self service" and the other is to hire a private trash collector.
Household Trash Collection:
One of the following service providers can be hired to provide curbside pick-up of trash.
Domestic Services, Kathy Stewart
Place garbage receptacle at the end of the driveway early Monday morning in the Vineyards or Eastatoe Park and early Tuesday morning in Falls North. The service returns their provided receptacle to your garage area.
Pickens and Oconee Counties provide several dumps and recycling stations for their residents.
Decals are required for admittance to all solid waste facilities. These can be obtained, with proof of residence, at any of the facilities below.
HOURS: 7:30 a.m. – 7:20 p.m.,
DAYS: Monday, Tuesday, CLOSED WEDNESDAY, Thursday, Friday, Saturday , CLOSED SUNDAY
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE : Closed New Year's Day, MLK Day, Presidents Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
109 Cold Springs Church Road,
This facility accepts both trash and recycling; it is approximately 2.1 miles north of Ingles on Hwy 178
Table Rock Center
209 Country Creek Drive P
Pickens County Landfill is located at:
2043 Old Liberty Road,
Liberty, SC 29657.
The hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 4:20 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, CLOSED WEDNESDAY, Thursday and Friday. This facility will accept lawn and yard waste, like limbs, brush etc.
Hours: Monday - Saturday 7:00AM - 7:00PM
Salem Center, this site accepts recyclables
397 Stamp Creek Road
Salem, SC 29676
Highway 130 across from Pat's Cash & Carry
The following items are not accepted at Pickens County Recycling Stations.
- Pesticides, brake fluid and chemicals of any kind – For disposal information, call the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control at (864) 241-1090 .
- Dead animals – Small animals (dogs and cats) may be taken in plastic bags to the landfill. There is no charge for disposal.
- Large loads of brush (more than one wheelbarrow load) should be taken to the landfill. There is no charge for disposal.
- Shingles (more than one wheelbarrow load) must be taken to the landfill. There is a charge of $35 per ton for disposal.
- Partially burned trash is not accepted at recycling stations or the landfill. It is illegal to burn trash in South Carolina. Ask for a brochure at the recycling stations or landfill.
- Large tires from trucks or large tractors must be taken to the landfill. There is a charge of $80 per ton for disposal.
- Cross ties and creosote-treated lumber must be taken to the landfill. There is a charge of $35 per ton for disposal.
- Asbestos is not accepted in any form. For disposal information, call the Solid Waste Department at (864) 859-3492 .
*** New - Save Your Caps ***. The following items which are not recyclable at a county landfill, are being collected at the Keowee Vineyards clubhouse,. Collect these items and bring them to Keowee Vineyards at your leisure where they will be recycled and used by Leadership Greenville. This organization is trying to collect 600 pounds of these items so that they can create 3 "Buddy Benches" - benches that will be installed in Monaview's new playground and serve as a safe space for kids that feel bullied.
If you would save the following separately:
- Snap-on butter tub tops,
- coffee can lids,
- cream cheese lids;
- Small twist-on medicine lids,
- drink bottle lids, and milk caps;
- Large twist detergent caps,
- peanut butter jar lids;
- Spout condiment caps.
Note: No metal caps, pumps of any kind, fast-food drink cups or any items over 8" in diameter are accepted.