Welcome!  Hopefully the information here will help make your settling-in process a little easier.  If you have a question that is not answered here, or perhaps you need clarification on some information please reach out to the following people on our Welcoming Committee:
Louise Spheeris (Co-Chair)   l   l   864-481-5194
Carol Frese (Co-Chair)   l    l    864-868-3284               
Paulette Kurek  (Falls North)   l     l   864-944-6415
We have Neighborhood Ambassadors who are also eager to welcome you and answer questions.  The Ambassadors, by neighborhood, are:
Clubhouse Point Cottages
Lesa Jackson  |  724-712-3077 
Club Terrace
Lynn and Lew Kasper  |  864-868-4348
Rose-Mary and Dave Nenno  |  864-868-0070
Vineyards East
Natalie and Jeff Putman  |  864-868-4437
Stephanie and Dave Cookson  |  404-644-0897
Equestrian Cottages
Toni Daup  |  864-985-2707
Eastatoe Park
Sally and Dave Sargent  |  919-452-4959
Fairway Cottages
Linda and Bob Lett  |  864-868-9720
Marina Cottages
Barbara Washington  |  864-868-5886
Vineyards North
Marie and Rogan Pfefferkorn  |  864-868-2083
Vineyards South
Carol Frese and Paul Ostuni  |  864-868-3284 
Judy and Rocky Odman  |  864-868-9159
Vineyard Park 
Susan Crook  |  864-868-8037
Vineyard West
Char and Jim Burgner  |  864-868-3076
Mary and Steve Steele  |  864-868-2544
Just in case you are finding it challenging to navigate your community, here are some helpful street maps:
Please click on the sections below to get specific information.

What is the Keowee Vineyards Community Association? Is it the same as The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards?

There is often confusion between the responsibilities of The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards Community Association, otherwise known as the Property Owner's Association, and the Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards Club, starting with the fact that they share common elements in their names ... The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards.   In addition, for many of our residents, their daily activities often are intertwined with club activities, facilities and amenities.  So, what separates the Property Owner's Association from the Cliffs Club? 
The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards Community Association (KVCA)
The Keowee Vineyards Community Association (aka POA) represents all property owners in The Vineyards, Eastatoe Park and Falls North, both Cliffs Club members and non-members. Geographically, the property owners span both sides of Lake Keowee, with the Vineyards and Eastatoe Park in Pickens County and Falls North in Oconee County. 
Additional confusion sometimes arises from the fact the Cliffs at Keowee Falls does not include the properties north of Hwy 11, or Falls North.  Falls North is part of the Keowee Vineyards Community Association (POA).  In total, the POA represents the owners of 600+ properties.  The properties are accessed through either a manned security gate (the main gate at Keowee Vineyards) or 6 unmanned security gates at Eastatoe Park and Falls North.
The POA has its own volunteer Board and financials with no ownership ties, in either direction, with the Cliffs Clubs.   The POA has no ownership of, or responsibility for the running of the Vineyards Clubhouse, Golf Course and facilities, Wellness Center, Tennis Courts, Marina and docks, or Equestrian Center. See below for additional information regarding The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards Club.
The POA is responsible for:
  • compliance with the Covenants, building guidelines and community policies 
  • the roads
  • the common grounds and landscaping (excluding the Marina Cottages and Club Cottages)
  • security and gate access, including security personnel
  • other common infrastructure
  • communications regarding the activities and responsibilities of the POA
Additionally, the POA provides communications (including the website, Vineyards Connections) to facilitate living in the community.
The POA Board of Directors is a group of volunteer members (property owners), duly elected annually by the property owners.  The POA Board meets monthly. 
Please check out some of the beautiful features of our common areas that the POA committees maintain for our enjoyment.  They can be found on this website under the POA tab, "Inside our Gates" section, or you can link to them here: Inside our Gates
The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards Club*
Accessing and using The Cliffs Club amenities and facilities requires a Cliffs Club membership.  Further, access to certain amenities requires a specific type of membership (example: Golf).  Key contacts for the Cliffs Club management and be found under the Cliffs Club or you can click here:  Cliffs Club.  
The following amenities in our community are the responsibility of the Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards Club and are available to its club members, depending on membership type:
  • The Club House
  • The Golf Course and Facilities (ie. restrooms, practice range, practice greens, cart paths)
  • The Wellness Center, Tennis Courts and Pickleball Courts 
  • The Marina and docks (under management by Singleton Marina)
  • Pool and Gazebo, at the Marina
  • The Equestrian Center
  • The Gazebo and docks near the Club Cottages
The Cliffs Club has its own website,,  for communicating information, activities and reservations for dining, tee times, events etc. The Cliffs Clubs are owned and managed by South Street Partners.  The Cliffs Clubs are comprised of seven distinct clubs, each with their own golf course and variety of club amenities.
For many of our residents, the Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards Club*, enhances their lifestyle.  If you have any questions regarding the Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards Club*, please reach out to the Cliffs Club Membership Director.  See the contact details on this website under The Cliffs Club.
*Falls North property owners that are Cliffs Club members have the option to choose either The Vineyards or Falls South as their home club.  For additional information contact The Cliffs Membership Department at

Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions

When you purchased your property, you should have received a copy of our Covenants.  The covenants are attached to your property deed and are on file with the county.  Please take the time to review the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions:
  • The official, legal scanned version filed with the county can be accessed CLICK HERE.   
  • A searchable PDF version is provided for convenience only CLICK HERE   One of the following actions will open a document search bar at the bottom of your screen 
    • Windows PC:  "control+f" will open a search bar
    • Apple/IOS:  "command+f" will open a search bar
  • For a quick summary of some of the key policies CLICK HERE
The searchable version of the Covenants is provided merely as a convenience.  Portions of the information may be inaccurate or not current.  Please consult the Restrictive Covenants recorded with the county before taking any actions related to the rights and obligations set forth in the Restrictive Covenants

Gate Access & Security

Gate Access & Security
All our locations are secured by gates, (Vineyards, Eastatoe Park and Falls North). We have both manned gates with security personnel present and unmanned gates.  Please read below regarding the different processes for property owners and visitors to gain access. 
Please access the Security Web page HERE for details on our access methods.
As a new property owner, the first step in gaining access is to submit your credential application, based on your property's location.
Residents Access
Residents can open the gate by one of the following:
• Enter the last 4 digits of your cell or home phone number listed in the Access Credential Application in the gate keypad. When your cell phone rings, answer it and press 9 on your cell phone keypad to remotely open the gate. 
Vineyards and Eastatoe Park:  In the absence of a cell phone, a resident can press 0009 in the gate keypad and the officer will open the gate.
Falls North:  In the absence of a cell phone, a resident can press 0001 in the gate keypad and the officer will open the gate.
Visitor/Guest/Service Provider Access
Visitors can obtain access by one of the following:
• Resident to provide the last 4 digits of their home or cell phone number to the visitor. The visitor enters the last 4 digits into the gate keypad. When the resident’s telephone rings and it is answered and confirmed that your visitor has arrived, press 9 on your telephone keypad and the gate will open. 
Vineyards and Eastatoe Park: Visitor can press 0009 in the gate keypad and the officer will verify the visitor and remotely open the gate by pressing 9.
Falls North: Visitor can press 0001 in the gate keypad and the officer will verify the visitor and remotely open the gate by pressing 9.
Access to Other Cliffs Communities
If you are a Cliffs Club member, you will need a Cliffs "decal" to gain access to other Cliffs Clubs and communities.  The decal has to be applied by a security person at one of the manned gates;  it will be placed on the upper left corner of your windshield.  Please submit the application below for the decal:
Here are the locations of our gates:
Vineyards   Falls North  
(Manned Gatehouse)
1655 Cleo Chapman Hwy
Sunset, SC  29685
Falls South Guardhouse
(Manned Gatehouse)
128 Cliffs South Parkway
Salem, SC  29676
Unmanned Gates Video Surveillance Unmanned Gates Video Surveillance
Eastatoe Park Roy F. Jones, at Dug Mountain Main Falls North Gate 100 Cliffs Falls Parkway
    Turtlehead 395 Cliffs Falls Parkway
    McKinney Falls Gate 505 McKinney Falls Parkway
    Lake Breeze Lane 605 Lake Breeze Lane
    Jocassee Point Road 120 Jocassee Point Rd

Emergency Planning & Access

Pre-Emergency Plan
The Keowee Vineyards Fire Department requests your cooperation to prepare a pre-emergency plan for your home.   Call the Fire Department at 864-868-6767 and schedule them to come to your home, at your convenience.   They will record important information for use by firefighters and/or medical personnel in case of an emergency at your home.
For example, they wil record locations of shutoffs for things like water;  # of  bedrooms; elevators; unusual hazards.  They will also note the number of usual occupants and any existing medical conditions or restrictions;  the number, types and locations of pets etc.
There is no charge for this service which could greatly assist emergency personnel coming to your home.
Knox Boxes for Emergency Access
The Keowee Vineyards Fire Department encourages the use of Knox Boxes and can assist you in acquiring one.  A Knox-Box, known officially as the Knox Rapid Entry System, is a small, wall-mounted safe that holds up to 2 keys for fire departments, emergency medical services, and sometimes police to retrieve in emergency situations.  It can only be opened by a key that the Fire Department has in their possession.  At this time, Knox Boxes are only available to the Vineyards and Eastatoe Park through the KV Fire Department.
Please call the Vineyards Fire Department at (864) 868-6767 to purchase a Knox-Box.  More information on Knox Boxes can be found on the KV Fire Department web page on this website.
Air Ambulance Services
Because we live in a rural area, some of our members have subscribed to an air ambulance service.  In a medical emergency, the EMT/First Responders will determine if an air ambulance is required and will request that service.  If an air ambulance is needed, an air ambulance will be requested irregardless of an air ambulance membership.  However, an air ambulance service can help offset costs and usually provides coverage across multiple states and sometimes internationally.
recovery can often depend on how much time it takes to be transported to emergency medical treatment.  An air ambulance can cut that transportation significantly.  Please reference our Hospital and Urgent Care providers and facilities HERE to learn more about air ambulance services.

Utilities & Internet

Key Contacts for connecting your utilities:
Vineyards - Pickens County
Note:  If you have a propane tank and it is leased from a propane provider, that is the provider you will need to contact for your gas.  If you own your tank, you can contact any provider you choose.
Note on Internet/Phone/TV Services:  Fiber cable was installed throughout the Vineyards (Pickens County side, not Falls North) in late 2021.  Upcountry Fiber offers hi speed internet, equipment, phone and TV packages.  Or you can choose a streaming service (Hulu, YouTube, Sling etc.) for your TV package.  Prior provider was AT&T/Uverse.  Most homes (prior to 2022) have AT&T connections at the house.  Prior owners may not have connected the fiber at their house yet and Upcountry will need to do this when setting up their service.
Electric Duke Energy 800-777-9898
Gas (LPS-Propane) Blossman Gas 864-269-3441
  Freeman Gas 864-269-1990
  Heritage Propane 864-882-2738
  Wilson Gas 864-878-0160
Telephone/ Internet Upcountry Fiber 888-760-2111
  TV Streaming  
Water Six Mile Water District 864-868-0942
TV Direct TV (Satellite)  
Septic Tank - Permit
Pickens County Permit Office
222 McDaniel Ave
Room B-10
Pickens, SC 29671
(864) 898-5950

Falls North - Oconee County
Note:  If you have a propane tank and it is leased from a propane provider, that is the provider you will need to contact for your gas.  If you own your tank, you can contact any provider you choose.
Electric Duke Energy 800-777-9898
Gas (LPS - Propane) Blossman Gas (Walhalla) 864-638-7176
Buchanan LP Gas & Hearth Shop  
  539 US 25, Travelers Rest, SC or 864-610-1288
  Heritage Propane (Seneca) 864-882-2738
Telephone/Internet Charter Spectrum 833-694-9256
  New Service:  
Town of Salem
5A Park Avenue
Salem, SC   29676
TV Charter Spectrum 877-684-9760
Septic Tank - Permit
SC Department of Health
200 Booker Drive
Walhalla, SC   29691

Mail & Post Offices

Mail, Mailboxes and Post Offices
Falls North:  For most of Falls North, mail is delivered to a cluster mailbox.  The exception is the McKinney Falls section of Falls North.  That section has curbside mailboxes and the mail is delivered to the individual mailboxes.  If you live in any other section and receive your mail in a cluster mailbox, please contact Kristi Mabry, POA Business Manager, to be assigned a mailbox and to get a key.  Kristi Mabry can be reached at 864-313-8309 or  Once you have a mailbox assignment, please contact your local Post Office (see below) to provide them with your Box Number and physical house address.
Vineyards:  In the Vineyards, mail is delivered to a post-mounted mailbox.   In some instances the mailboxes are curbside at a house address and in other cases the mailboxes are clustered together.  If you need to install a new mailbox (new residence or replacement of existing mailbox), mailboxes and their installation must conform to a standard design and dimension as shown in the ARB Application Package.  The mailbox must be mounted so that the face of the mailbox is 15-18” off the edge of the pavement.  The sign company recommended for mailboxes in the Cliffs Communities is as follows:
To obtain approval for mailbox locations or to activate your mailbox in Falls North, please contact the appropriate US Post office below:
Mail Service and Post Offices
US Post Office - Sunset
7149 Hwy 11
Sunset, SC   29685
Falls North:
US Post Office - Salem
467 E. Main Street
Salem, SC   29676
Informed Delivery:
Informed Delivery is a free and optional service of the US Postal Service and is available in our area.  Visit to sign up and check if your address is eligible for the feature. To sign up you may read, print or download the How to Sign Up for Informed Delivery step-by-step guide.
Informed Delivery provides residential consumers the ability to digitally preview their letter-sized mail and manage their packages scheduled to arrive soon. Informed Delivery benefits the entire household by allowing users to view what is coming to their mailbox whenever, wherever – even while traveling – on a computer, tablet, or mobile device.
The United States Postal Service® (USPS) digitally images the front of letter-sized mail that runs through our automated mail sorting equipment. USPS is now using those images to provide digital notifications to users in advance of the delivery of physical mail.  Users receive emails to the email address in their personal® account containing grayscale images of the exterior, address side of up to 10 pieces of incoming letter-sized mail that is arriving soon. Only the first 10 pieces of mail appear in the email at this time. The remaining mail images can be viewed on your dashboard. This measure helps limit the size of emails being sent to users.  Some mailpieces (e.g., catalogues or magazines) are not imaged by the automated equipment and will not appear in your Informed Delivery notification. If a scan is detected on these types of mailpieces, users will see a message stating, "A mailpiece for which we do not currently have an image is included in today's mail."

Trash and Recycling

Trash Services, Refuse and Recycling Locations
There are several options for trash pickup.  Or you can choose to take your trash and recyclables to the nearest town refuse and recycling center.  
Vineyards and Falls North
There are two ways to deal with household trash at the Vineyards and Falls North.   One is "self service" and the other is to hire a private trash collector.  
Household Trash Collection:
For curbside pick-up of trash, one of the following service providers are available. 
Foothills Sanitation
Foothills Sanitation now offers recycling pick-up.  They accept mixed recyclables (no glass) and provide a 96 gallon blue container.  Pick ups are the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month.  There is a one-time container delivery & setup fee of $90;  Call for monthly fees and to register for the service.
Domestic Services, Kathy Stewart
Place garbage receptacle at the end of the driveway early Monday morning in the Vineyards / Eastatoe and early Tuesday morning in Falls North.   The service returns their provided receptacle to your garage area.
Self Service:
Pickens and Oconee Counties provide several dumps and recycling stations for their residents. 

Decals are required for admittance to all Pickens County solid waste facilities  These may be obtained at the Pickens County locations below with proof of residence.
HOURS: 7:30 a.m. – 7:20 p.m. (see Pickens County Landfill for their specific hours)
DAYS:  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, CLOSED SUNDAY 
Holiday Schedule :  Closed New Year's Day, MLK Day, Presidents Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
Nearby locations in Pickens County:     
Midway Center
109 Cold Springs Church Road,
Pickens, SC 
This facility accepts both trash and recycling;  it is approximately 2.1 miles north of Ingles on Hwy 178
Table Rock Center
209 Country Creek Drive P
Pickens, SC
Pickens County Landfill is located at:
2043 Old Liberty Road,
Liberty, SC 29657.
The hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 4:20 p.m.,  This facility will accept lawn and yard waste, like leaves, limbs, brush etc.
For more information, call (864) 859-3492 .
Free Mulch at the Pickens County Landfill:
Free Mulch is available Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 4:00PM
Loading assistance is available the following times:
Wednesday 1PM - 4PM
Thursday 7:30AM-12PM/1PM - 4:00PM
Friday 7:30AM-12PM/1PM - 4:00PM
Nearby locations in Oconee County:     Oconee County Solid Waste Website
Convenience Center Salem, this site accepts recyclables
397 Stamp Creek Road 
Salem, SC 29676 
Highway 130 across from Pat's Cash & Carry
The following items are not accepted at Pickens County Recycling Stations.  Oconee County has similar restrictions.   Please check the Recycling Brochures for specific details.
  • Pesticides, brake fluid and chemicals of any kind – For disposal information, call the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control at (864) 241-1090 .
  • Dead animals – Small animals (dogs and cats) may be taken in plastic bags to the landfill. There is no charge for disposal.
  • Large loads of brush (more than one wheelbarrow load) should be taken to the landfill. There is no charge for disposal.
  • Shingles (more than one wheelbarrow load) must be taken to the landfill. There is a charge of $35 per ton for disposal.
  • Partially burned trash is not accepted at recycling stations or the landfill. It is illegal to burn trash in South Carolina. Ask for a brochure at the recycling stations or landfill.
  • Large tires from trucks or large tractors must be taken to the landfill. There is a charge of $80 per ton for disposal.
  • Cross ties and creosote-treated lumber must be taken to the landfill. There is a charge of $35 per ton for disposal.
  • Asbestos is not accepted in any form. For disposal information, call the Solid Waste Department at (864) 859-3492 .

Licenses, Permits and Voter Registration

South Carolina Drivers License
If you have a valid driver's license or identification card from another state and permanently move to South Carolina, you must apply for an SC license or ID. You must turn in your out-of-state license or ID when you get one in this state. You have 45 days to transfer your vehicle registration to this state.   Please check the Department of Motor Vehicles website for the specific documentation they will require to provide you with a South Carolina driver's license.
Vehicle and Boat Licenses and Permits 
If you move to South Carolina from another state, you have 45 days to transfer your vehicle title and registration.  Please make sure you check the website links for required documentation and forms.
Department of Motor Vehicles
2133 Gentry Memorial Hwy
Pickens, SC   29671
Falls North
13009 S. Radio Road
Seneca, SC  29678
Voter Registration
Typically voter registration is done at the same time one applies for their drivers license at the DMV.  If you already have a valid SC drivers license you can register to vote online.  See details in the link below.
Boating Regulations and Permits
S.C. Law prohibits the sale or purchase of watercraft without a valid title issued in the seller's name to assign over to the purchaser at the time of sale.
Boater Registration Office:  803-734-3857

Newspapers & Libraries

Local & National Newspapers:
National Newspapers:
The Wall Street Journal and USA Today, same day editions,  are available for subscription and delivery either by a delivery person or USPS.
In the Vineyards, The Wall Street Journal is delivered by US Postal Service with your mail and to your mailbox.  The Greenville News is delivered by a newspaper delivery service to a newspaper box which is attached to your mail box post. The newspaper arranges the delivery when you request home delivery.  The Greenville News contains an abridged version of USA Today.
In Falls North, the Wall Street Journal and USA Today are delivered by the US Postal Service with your mail and to your mailbox.  Weekend WSJ comes in the mail on Saturday.  Weekend USA Today comes in the mail on Friday.  The local The Journal is delivered by carrier Tuesday-Saturday to a newspaper box under the mailbox.   
Greenville News
32 E. Broad Street
P.O. Box 1688
Greenville, SC   29601
The Journal
210 West North 1st Street
Seneca, SC   29678
You can get a Pickens County Library card in Pickens or at any of their locations.   The library card can be used at any Pickens County library.   The Pickens and Easley libraries are the most convenient.
The locations for the closest libraries are:
Pickens  (Pickens County Library System)
Village Branch
(864) 898-5747
124 N Catherine St.
Pickens, SC 29671

All Pickens County Library materials may be returned to any of their branches
Easley (Pickens County Library System)  on the side road directly across from Lowes on Hwy 123
Hampton Memorial Library
(864) 850-7077
304 Biltmore Road
Easley, SC 29640
Salem (Oconee County Library System)
Salem Library,
5 B Park Avenue,
Salem, South Carolina 29676
Walhalla (Oconee County Library System)
Walhalla Library,
501 W. South Broad Street,
Walhalla, SC 29691
See below on details for getting a library card.
•RECIPROCAL BORROWING WITH PICKENS AND ANDERSON COUNTIES: The Oconee County Library System will offer residents of Pickens and Anderson Counties borrowing privileges for all circulating materials at all its service points provided that residents of Oconee County are afforded the same borrowing privileges in all that county’s public library service points. In providing this privilege, it is understood that these out-of-county residents will agree to abide by all borrowing rules of the Oconee County Library System, just as Oconee County residents will be required to abide by the rules of the Pickens or Anderson County Library.
•NON-RESIDENT CARD: Non-residents who do not meet the criteria above may purchase a non-resident card for a $20.00 annual fee. The card is valid for one year. Students who live outside Oconee County but go to school in the county will be treated as any other non-resident and must pay the non-resident fee for a library card.