Property Owners, Architects, Builders & Contractors
The Architectural Review Board (ARB) endeavors to assist our property owners in maximizing the beauty, value and enjoyment of their property while also insuring their plans comply with the Keowee Vineyards Design Guidelines. The Design Guidelines were established to protect the beauty of the Vineyards and Falls North for all property owners. The property owner should access the ARB Design Guidelines (below) to become familiar with the requirements and restrictions before submitting the appropriate Application Form.
Application Forms and Schedules:
Whether you just purchased your home or have lived in the community for 10 years, you should be aware of ARB Design Guidelines (above) that apply to your property. If you are thinking of exterior renovations such as changing paint colors, cutting trees or modifying landscape, adding a fire pit or replacing the roof, these and other common property maintenance/improvement projects are addressed in the ARB Design Guidelines. To start the review process for your project, complete the ARB Approval Request Form (on the right) and complete and attach the appropriate application form (above).
Lot Owners Wishing to Maintain Their Lot
The Design Guidelines address tree clearing and shore stabilization. See the ARB Design Guiidelines (above). To start the review process for your project, complete the ARB Approval Request Form (on the right) and complete and attach the appropriate application form (above).
To start the process for new construction please review the ARB Design Guidelines (above) and then submit the ARB Approval Request Form (on right). This will open a file for your project and all future documents will be attached to it. It also gives our ARB a “heads up” that more is coming, so they can begin to plan ahead.
Summary of Required Submissions for New Construction
- Sketch Review Form along with preliminary schematic drawings;
This review should be conducted at the very early design stage. The initial architectural sketch or rendering is sufficient (Sketch Review Form
- Avoids the property owner incurring unnecessary costs in developing a design that would not be considered compatible in the Community and improves the design in the context of the site and existing topography.
- Serves as early confirmation between the architect and property owner that they have a shared vision of the property owner's desired design.
- Final Review/Checklist for Final Approval along with architectural drawings
- Foundation Survey (unless waived by the ARB)
- Landscape Review/Landscape Checklist